Posted by – Steve Cohen, Director of Community Development
Come tonight and help us define and design a better community!
You’re invited to join the discussion at R. Grant Graham Elementary School, at 2450 Old Salem Road, about the types of housing, transportation options, and events and programs that could be offered now and the years to come. Come tell us about your experiences and ideas for improving Auburn Hills. The meeting starts at 6:30 p.m.
Below are some of the “Rockstar” ideas we’ve heard at the previous two meetings:
- Establish a public transportation system for both old and young people with routes going down main streets in a circuit.
- Add a community garden near the Walton Boulevard neighborhoods.
- Assist me with overcoming the fear of technology (e.g., cellphones and internet).
- Add more exercise equipment at the Community Center.
- Need help getting my trash cans from the garage to the street.
- Add sidewalks in residential subdivisions and main streets.
- Add a pathway from Joslyn Road to Great Lakes Crossing Outlets.
- Provide more convenient transportation with routine schedules and routes.
- Install street and traffic lights at half-way points in major streets for safety.
- Create events that encourage me to invite my friends to attend as a group.
- Add a gondola transportation system to main destinations.
- Allow mother-in-law cottages or separate living spaces on the same property.