Posted by – Steve Cohen, Director of Community Development
The City of Auburn Hills had the unique pleasure to show hospitality to a group of Chief Executive Officers and Presidents from 18 different Chinese companies yesterday. The delegation’s stop here was part of an eight-day event organized by the China Gear Manufacturing Association and Auto Parts Alliance.
Objectives of their trip were to:
- Seek potential opportunities to invest in Michigan.
- Learn how to do business in America.
- Visit universities to discuss potential R&D funding.
- Visit local suppliers to learn best practices in operations, talent management, customer relations, quality, and supply chain efficiencies.
- Visit potential customers such as GM, Ford, and Fiat Chrysler.
We could tell the Chinese business men and women really enjoyed their time in Auburn Hills. The City provided them lunch, organized a tour of The Palace of Auburn Hills, and taught them how to fire guns at our shooting range (click here to read more).
It was an excellent experience hosting these nice people. We look forward to potentially working with them in the future to bring jobs and investment to the City of Auburn Hills.