Posted by – Laurie Renaud, Economic Development Coordinator
Are you looking for the right job, but don’t have the right skills for today’s workplace? Well, you’re in luck. A new technical training program is offered to assist participants get the high-level IT Training they need to get the job.
An information session for Code ReConnect will be held on March 19th from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Automation Alley Headquarters, which is located at 2675 Bellingham Drive in Troy. Click here to register.
The classes will be held April 28th through June 6th, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., at Michigan Technical Education Center on the Oakland Community College Campus, located at 2900 Featherstone right here in Auburn Hills. Certification testing will be the week of June 9th.
This program is part of the Technical Talent Development Program through a $5 million grant funded by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration, and is an equal opportunity program.
- 120 hours of classroom instruction and 64 hours of hands-on lab time
- Employer-driven curriculum leading to industry-recognized certification (Microsoft Certified Professional, MCP)
- Up to 24 hours of employment preparation skills including resume writing and updating, interviewing skills and mock interview scenarios
- 16 hours of instructor led exam preparation
- Access to practice exams
- Employment opportunities in conjunction with Kelly Services, Inc.
- Programming in C# with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- An introduction to Web development with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- Developing Web applications with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
Candidates must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- Age 21+
- U.S. citizen and residents of Southeast Michigan
- Previous C#, VB.NET and development experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor degree preferred but not required
- Priority will be given to unemployed candidates and veterans
A $75 enrollment fee is required in advance of the first class. The entire enrollment fee is refundable upon successful completion of the curriculum.
Register now to hone your skills to be competitive in today’s market. There are many job opportunities available.