Posted by – Shawn Keenan, Water Resources Coordinator
Father’s Day is this Sunday which means fathers around the State have emerged after a long winter from their man caves with a desire to get outside, not to do yard work but to fire up the grill. Yes, the thrill of cooking with fire is a pastime most dads enjoy during the summer.
One way you can show your appreciation of all your dad has done for you over the past year is to get him something related to his favorite summer pastime, BBQ. There’s a wide range of items you can choose from that are available at a number or your favorite Auburn Hills stores.
Here are just a few ideas:
- Bass Pro Shop – Grills, smokers, BBQ sauces and rubs, flavor injections, books and BBQ accessories.
- Advanced Cabinetry – Ceramic cooker called the Big Green Egg and BBQ accessories.
- Home Depot – Grills, smokers and BBQ accessories.
- Aco Hardware – Grills and BBQ accessories
- Meijer – Grills, smokers and BBQ accessories
- Target – Grills and BBQ accessories
- Bed Bath and Beyond – BBQ Accessories and instant read meat thermometers
- Kitchen Collection – BBQ Accessories and instant read meat thermometers
Another gift he might like would be to bring him to the Auburn Hills State Championship BBQ Cook-Off on June 21-22 located in Downtown Auburn Hills.
There he could pick up some barbecue tips from some of the State’s top pit masters that will be competing for the title of Grand Champion and a chance to enter the two largest invitational BBQ contests in the world, the American Royal, in Kansas City, and the Jack Daniel’s World Championship BBQ Invitational, in Lynchburg, Tennessee.
Hey, he might even get a chance to meet Michigan’s very own Motley Que Crew who won the Grand Championship at the 32nd Annual American Royal World Series of Barbecue Invitational.
So, come see the BBQ experts next weekend right here in Auburn Hills.